In Arkansas, all professional accounting licenses are approved and issued by the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy. This is the only government agency in Arkansas that is authorized to approve candidates. In addition, the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy is also the regulatory body that investigates any alleged violations of the basic standards, statutes, and rules established by the Board. If you are facing are a practicing accountant in Arkansas, and if you are facing charges, you should contact an accounting license defense lawyer as soon as possible.
All the regulations imposed by the Board are there to ensure all accounting professionals perform their duties ethically. They need to be reliable and fair because as accountants, they have access to sensitive and private financial information.
Types of Accounting License Violations That Could Lead to a Complaint
If you are an accounting professional and you want to make sure that your accounting license is not put at risk, you need to ensure that you abide by the rules and regulations established by the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy. In particular, you should:
- Never claim to be a licensed accountant or engage in professional accountancy services unless you hold a valid license.
- Never use the title of a Certified Public Accountant if you do not hold that license
- Never use the title of a Public Accountant unless you actually have been approved to use that title by the Board.
These actions can result in legal action against you. You should also keep in mind that if you hold a valid license, even then your accountancy license can be put at risk if there is a complaint filed against you. A complaint can be filed against you if:
- You engaged in any fraudulent activity during the course of your professional actions as an accountant.
- You engaged in any criminal activity that is related to financial fraud.
- You misrepresented information in the financial reports and documents that you prepared for a client.
- You overcharged clients for your financial services or mislead them into believing that they owed you a certain amount for services that you did not provide.
- You broke or failed to abide by the standards established by the Arkansas State Board of Accountancy.
- You violated the code of ethics as established by the Arkansas State Board of Accountancy
- You refused to cooperate with the Board in an ongoing investigation.
- You continued to practice accountancy in another state under false pretenses while having a suspended or revoked license in another state.
- You misused accountancy titles and any of the privileges associated with it.
- You employed an accounting professional who had a revoked or suspended license.
- You, in any form or way, deceived or mislead a client by manipulating their financial information or by misusing their financial information for your personal gain.
Keep in mind that any of these violations can result in a complaint being filed against you with the Board. This will put your accountancy license at risk. If you are facing charges, you need to speak with an accountant license defense lawyer immediately. It is not advisable that you ignore any complaint that is filed against you, even if you believe that complaint to be false. As per the rules of the Board, once they receive a complaint against you, they are required to notify you of the fact. When you become aware that you have been accused of a violation, you simply cannot ignore this fact and go on with your business. You need to take action, and the first step you need to take is to talk to an accountant license defense attorney.
If you are professionally licensed accountant in Arkansas, and you need the services of an accounting license defense lawyer, please call our office at Arkansas Lawyer. We have a team of lawyers who are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that you get the justice you deserve. If you know that you have been falsely accused and that you did not violate the standards and regulations of the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy, you should talk to our lawyers.
We know at Arkansas Lawyer that your professional accountancy license is of great value. You’ve put in years of hard work and effort to get that license and to establish your reputation in the field of accountancy and financial management. We believe that every individual deserves to be heard and you need to know that the Board has a very thorough investigative process. You just need someone who can help you prepare a strong argument for your accounting license defense. Call our law office today, and we will be happy to assist you.